This Privacy Notice takes effect on 24 August 2020.
We care about our customers and know that your privacy is important to you. This Privacy Notice is our way of telling you how we collect your information, why we need it, and how we use it.
For our website https://www.susam.co.uk (the “Site”) and users of our mobile application (the “App”) in the UK, and for information otherwise collected under this Privacy Notice, Susam Uk Limited is the data controller that is responsible for your privacy.
Navigating This Page
- Scope of Application
- Information we collect and how we use your information
- When we share your information
- Cookies and Similar Technology
- Cookie Settings
- Email Marketing
- Blogs, Reviews and Forums
- Social Media Plugins
- Our Security Measures
- Keeping your Information
- Your Rights and Choices
- Transfers Outside of Europe
- Third Party Links
- Children’s Privacy
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
- How to Contact Us / Data Protection Officer
Scope of Application
This Privacy Notice also applies to the information you provide to us after being presented with or directed to this Privacy Notice. This could be, for example, when you share your information with our call center representatives or send us a letter via postal mail.
Information We Collect and How We Use Your Information
There are three general categories of information we collect: (1) Information you give to us; (2) Information we automatically collect from your use of the Site or the App; (3) Information we collect from third parties.
We use your information in several different ways. What we do with your information depends on when we collect it and what we collect. We may anonymize your information for any purpose permitted by applicable laws.
Information you give to us
- Your name and contact details (such as your email address, mailing address, phone number and password)
- Additional profile information (such as date of birth, gender, location and preferred language)
- Your payment information (such as your credit/debit card number, security/CVV code, and expiration date)
- Your financing information (such as employment and income)
- Your communications and contact history with us (such service call recordings, chat and instant messages, or communications with our social media channels)
- Other information (such as product reviews, forum posts, survey responses, participation in promotions, and other user-generated content)
|How we use information you give to us||Why we collect it|
|Registration||We need your name and contact details to create your account. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of certain services and offerings on the Site and the App, and to fulfill our contract with you when you place an order.|
|Accept payment, fulfill orders, provide refunds||We use your name and contact details to fulfill our contract with you and deliver your orders, and we use your payment information to process payments and comply with applicable law.|
|Application for financing solutions offered by financing providers||We collect your financing information on behalf of the financing provider you choose and send the information to that financing provider to facilitate your application to financing products.|
|Sending you account information||We need your name and contact details to deliver important account information to you, such as order confirmations and notices, changes to account settings, and notices about the Site, the App, or the terms and policies that apply to them.|
|To offer an improved user experience||We use your communications and contact history with us, as well as other information such as additional profile information, to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Site and the App and to personalize and customize your experience. We have a legitimate interest in improving the Site and the App, as well as user experience.|
|Analytics, training and quality assurance||We may use information you provide to us to train our staff, improve our services, and perform other internal analytics and performance monitoring. This processing can be pursuant to your consent or pursuant to our legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud and improving our services and offerings.|
|Communication, marketing and advertising||We may use information you provide to us to deliver and personalize our communications with you, or to administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests or other promotional activities. This processing can be pursuant to your consent or pursuant to our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of interest.|
Information we automatically collect from your use of the Site or the App
- Purchase history and saved items (such as what you bought and what you’ve placed in your cart or saved items)
- Log data and device information (such as details about how you’ve used the Site or the App, IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, location data and page/product views or clicks)
- Geo-location information (such as IP address, browser information or mobile GPS information)
- Cookies and similar technologies (such as web beacons, pixels, and mobile identifiers)
|How we use information we automatically collect||Why we collect it|
|To provide customer service and process returns||We use your saved products to help you make a purchase, and we use your purchase history to uphold our contract with you and ensure that you’ve had a great customer experience.|
|To offer an improved user experience||We use your log data and device information to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Site and the App and to personalize and customize your experience. We have a legitimate interest in improving the Site and the App, as well as user experience.|
|To create and maintain a secure environment||We have a legitimate interest in protecting the Site and the App, to comply with applicable law and to measure the adequate performance of our contract with you.|
|Analytics, training and quality assurance||We may use automatically collected information to train our staff and perform internal analytics and performance monitoring. We have a legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud and improving our services and offerings.|
|Communication, marketing and advertising||We may use automatically collected information such as cookies and similar technologies to provide the most relevant advertising to you. This processing can be pursuant to your consent or pursuant to our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of interest.|
Information we collect from third parties, such as third party services (such as if you link, connect, or login to the Site or the App with your Google, Aarki, Adacado, Adara Media, ADEX, Adform, Adikteev, AdLedge, Adloox, Adludio
AdMaxim, Admedo, Admetrics, Adobe Advertising Cloud, AdTriba, advanced STORE GmbH, Adventori, advolution.control, Akamai, Amazon, Amobee, Analights, AppLovin Corp., AppNexus (Xandr) Inc, Arrivalist, Ask Locala (F.K.A Fusio by S4M), AudienceProject, Aunica, Avocet, Bannerflow, Basis Technologies, Batch Media, BDSK Handels GmbH & Co. KG, Beeswax, Betgenius, Blismedia, Bombora, Booking.com, C3 Metrics, Cablato, Celtra, Cint, Clinch, Cloud Technologies, Cloudflare, Commanders Act, comScore, Crimtan, Criteo, CUBED, DataXu, Demandbase, DENTSU, Dentsu Aegis Network, Digiseg, DMA Institute, DoubleVerify, Dstillery, Dynata, EASYmedia, eBay, ebuilders, Effinity, emetriq, Ensighten, Epsilon, Essens, Evidon, Exactag, Exponential, Facebook, Flashtalking by Mediaocean, Fractional Media, Gemius, GfK, Google, GP One, GroupM, gskinner, Haensel AMS, Havas Media France – DBi, hurra.com, IBM, Ignition One, Impact, Improve Digital, Index Exchange, Innovid, Integral Ad Science, intelliAd, IPONWEB, Jivox, Kantar, Kochava, LifeStreet, Liftoff, LiveRamp, Localsensor, LoopMe, Lotame, Macromill group, Magnite, MainADV, Manage.com, Marketing Science Consulting Group, Inc., MediaMath, MindTake Research, Mobitrans, Mobpro, Moloco Ads, MSI-ACI, Nano Interactive, Navegg, Neodata Group, NEORY GmbH, Netflix, Netquest, Neural.ONE, Neustar, NextRoll, Inc., Nielsen, numberly, Objective Partners, Omnicom Media Group, On Device Research, OneTag, OpenX Technologies, Optomaton, Oracle Data Cloud, OTTO, PERMODO, Pixalate, Platform161, Primis, Protected Media, Publicis Media, PubMatic, PulsePoint, Quantcast, Rackspace, Rakuten Marketing, Relay42, Remerge, Resolution Media, Resonate, RevJet, Roq.ad, RTB House, Salesforce DMP, Scenestealer, Scoota, Seenthis, Semasio GmbH, SFR ,Sift Media, Simpli.fi, Sizmek, Smaato, Smadex, Smart, Smartology, Sojern, Solocal, Sovrn, Spotad, STRÖER SSP GmbH, TabMo, Taboola, TACTIC™ Real-Time Marketing, Teads, TEEMO, The Trade Desk, Tradedoubler AB, travel audience – An Amadeus Company, Travel Data Collective, TreSensa, TripleLift, TruEffect, TrustArc, UnrulyX, usemax (Emego GmbH), Verve Group, Videology, Vimeo, Virtual Minds, Vodafone GmbH, Waystack, Weborama, White Ops, Widespace, Wizaly, Yahoo, ZMS, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter accounts) or other sources (such as your contacts or brands we partner with)
- Your name and contact details (such as your email address, mailing address, phone number and password)
- Social media handles (such as your Twitter or Instagram handle)
- Other information (such as demographic data, fraud detection information and information about you and your activities, experiences and interactions on and off the Site and the App)
|How we use information from third parties||Why we collect it|
|Registration and profile||We will use information from third party services if you register with us using another service, such as Facebook. Connecting to third-party applications or services is optional. If you create your account by connecting through another service, we will collect public information from that connected account to help complete your profile.|
|Communication, marketing and advertising||We may use information we collect or receive from third parties to deliver and personalize our communications with you, or to administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests or other promotional activities. This processing can be pursuant to your consent or pursuant to our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of interest.|
|Non-member referrals||We may obtain your information from a friend or other contact who wants to invite you to use the Site or App. We will use your information to facilitate your invitation and administer our referral program.|
|To create and maintain a secure environment||We may obtain your information from third party service providers and/or partners (e.g. identity verification services) and combine it with information we have about you for fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We have a legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud and improving our services and offerings.|
When We Share Your Information
We share your information with the following categories of recipients as an essential part of being able to provide the Site, the App and related services, including customer service, to you:
- Susam affiliates, including Susam (Susam’s parent company) in the USA. We share your information among our affiliates because each is responsible for different Susam activities. For example, Susam directs and controls our global marketing and customer service activities. We share your information with Susam so that we can provide our services to you.
- Companies and individuals that help us deliver our products to you, such as suppliers, payment service providers, logistics professionals, and delivery and freight companies.
- Professional service providers who help us run our business, such as marketing companies, software vendors, consultants, and advertising partners.
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites (if you choose to link your accounts to us) and payment processors (such as Worldpay) or financing providers (such as Barclays) if you choose to use their service.
We share your information with third parties only as described in this Privacy Notice, with your consent, and as disclosed at the time we collect your information. We may anonymize your information and share such anonymized information with third parties for any purpose permitted by applicable laws.
Cookies and Similar Technology
- Necessary: These cookies are necessary for you to interact with susam.co.uk’s or the app’s basic features. For example, they allow you to navigate the site and app, securely access important areas like your shopping cart, and more. Also, necessary cookies are used to maintain the website’s and app’s security features.
- Customer Preferences: These cookies help us remember your actions so your site and app experience is tailored to your unique needs. This is how the site or app remembers items you viewed recently and makes certain interactions faster, like search. These cookies are also needed to preserve your preferences.
- Analytics: These cookies send data to Susam for the purpose of analysing customer behaviour so we can learn from your interactions to improve site and app experience for everyone. For instance, this data helps us better understand how users are finding information and which areas of the site or app are most helpful. This way we can evaluate Site and app performance and functionality to continuously develop, customise, and improve our services and offerings.
A list of all cookies (and similar technologies) that we use on our website, including more detailed explanations, can be found on our cookie listing page.
We also use web beacons (or “web bugs” or “clear GIFs”) to help us identify your computer and evaluate user behaviour, such as reactions to promotions. Web beacons are small GIF files that can be hidden in other graphics, emails, or similar. The information collected by web beacons cannot be used to identify you and are not associated with information on your computer or database.
You can also opt-out of receiving some third-party interest based ads, or learn more about behavioural advertising, by visiting www.youronlinechoices.eu. Please note that if you opt out of behavioural advertising, you will still see advertisements – they will just not be tailored to your interests.
To prevent web beacons on our site, you can use tools such as AdBlock Plus. To prevent web beacons in emails, please set your mail program so that no HTML is displayed in messages. Web beacons are also prevented if you read your email offline. You can also check Google’s Privacy & Terms site.
If you provided your consent, we will send you marketing communications by email to keep you informed of new products, promotions, and other information we think may be of interest to you. In compliance with applicable law, we will also send you marketing communication per email, if you have purchased a product from us and have not unsubscribed from receiving marketing emails. We will also send you marketing communication per postal mail.
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time through your preferences here or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To stop direct marketing messages you can also click on the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing email you receive from us. Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you do not receive further marketing messages from us. Please note that it may take up to 48 hours to process your request and update our systems. Note that if you request that we stop sending you marketing messages, we will not stop sending you administrative and services communications (such as order updates and other important or transactional information).
Please note that if you use more than one name or email address when communicating with Susam or using the Site of App, you may continue to receive communications from us to any name or email address not specified in your opt-out request.
Blogs, Reviews and Forums
The Site and App also may from time to time offer publicly-accessible blogs, reviews or forums. Any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by others who access them. To request removal of your information from blogs, customer reviews or forums, please see Your Rights and Choices below. Please note that in some cases we may be unable to remove your information.
Social Media Plugins
The Site and the App use social plugins, which allow you to interact with us through your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media accounts. If you visit a page of our Site or App that contains such a plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to that social media’s webservers. The content of the plugin is transmitted by the social media site directly to your browser and incorporated by the social media site into the Site or App. By integrating the plugins, the social media site receives the information that your browser has accessed the corresponding page of our Site or App, even if you do not have an account or are currently not logged in to your account. We have no control over the extent and use of information that the social media site collects using this plugin.
If you interact with a social media plugin by, for example, clicking a “Like” button or leaving a comment, the corresponding information is also transmitted directly to the social media server and stored there. Depending on your settings, the information will also be posted on the social media site and displayed to your contacts or friends on the social media site. The social media site may use this information for the purpose of advertising, market research and tailor-made pages.
To understand what information social media sites collect when you interact with their plug-ins, please review their privacy policies. You may also have the option to change your settings in the social media site to prevent the collection of your information.
Our Security Measures
We use appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect your information from unauthorized use, disclosure, and loss. Data transmitted to Susam is encrypted using Transport Layer Security (TLS). We use a PCI compliant secure credit card processor and do not save your full credit card number on our information systems while placing an order. If you have questions about the security of your information, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage you to protect your password and your computer to prevent unauthorized access to your account. Remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window if you are using a shared computer in a public place such as a library or an Internet cafe.
Keeping Your Information
When we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will either delete it from our systems or anonymize it so that it no longer identifies you.
Your Rights and Choices
You have the following rights related to the information that we maintain about you:
- The right to be informed about how your information is used. This is the reason we provide this Privacy Notice to you.
- The right to access the information we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate information we hold about you. You can correct some of this information in your account settings.
- In some circumstances, the right to request that we delete your information, or stop processing it or collecting it.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do through your preferences here or by clicking on any “unsubscribe” link in any marketing email you receive from us. You also have the right to withdraw, with effect for the future, your consent for other processing activities for which you have given us your consent. Regarding your cookie settings, you can do this anytime using the “Cookie Settings” link in the footer of our website.
- The right to request that we transfer your information either to you or a third party.
- The right to, at any time, object to data processing based on legitimate interest or for direct marketing purposes.
If you want to exercise your rights, please complete the Subject Access Request Form here. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us using the contact information below.
Moreover, you have the right to complain to your data protection regulator.
Transfers Outside of Europe
Susam is headquartered in the USA. While Susam is an independent entity, its operations, sales, and online presence are closely tied to Susam (which is its parent company in the USA). As a result of this relationship, your information will be transferred to the USA to be processed by Susam.
Susam is a data controller and has committed to complying with this Privacy Notice and European privacy laws with regard to information transferred from Europe. The USA does not have a decision of adequacy from the European Commission, meaning that the laws in the USA may not be as protective as the laws in Europe. Because of this, Susam has taken steps to protect your rights when your information is transferred to the USA through the use of the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses.
Third Party Links
We may provide links to third-party web sites that we do not own or control. We are not responsible for the information collection practices of these third-party websites and do not endorse such practices. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy practices of third-party websites before providing any information to or through them.
The Site and the App are not directed to children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under 16. If we learn that we have collected information from a child under 16, we will take steps to obtain the consent of that child’s parent or guardian prior to processing that child’s information any further. If do not obtain the parent or guardian’s consent, we will delete the child’s information from our systems.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time to reflect new ways that we process your information. If we make significant changes that affect your information, we will provide you notice of such changes through the Site, the App, by email, or some other means of contact. This notice will give you an opportunity to review the changes before we use your information in these different ways.
How to Contact Us / Data Protection Officer
We always want to hear from our customers – especially with your questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices. Please don’t hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing us at.